LEAD-BASED PAINT

Lead is a highly toxic metal that may cause a range of health problems, especially in young children. When lead is absorbed into the body, it can cause damage to the brain and other vital organs, like the kidneys, nerves and blood.

Lead may also cause behavioral problems, learning disabilities, seizures and in extreme cases, death. Some symptoms of lead poisoning may include headaches, stomachaches, nausea, tiredness and irritability. Children who are lead poisoned may show no symptoms.

Both inside and outside the home, deteriorated lead-paint mixes with household dust and soil and becomes tracked in. Children may become lead poisoned by:

  • Putting their hands or other lead-contaminated objects into their mouths
  • Eating paint chips found in homes with peeling or flaking lead-based paint
  • Playing in lead-contaminated soil

 

OHDI Inspection Team Chief Tony Fuller is responsible for the supervision and training of inspectors and for quality control.  Mr. Fuller is certified and accredited by the State of Alabama as a Lead Inspector and Risk Assessor, and conducts lead-based paint clearance examinations.  If you have any questions or need further information, call Mr. Fuller at tfuller@ohdi.net or click here for our Contact Us form!
Website Builder